Come and see what our award-winning 2015 NARI National Contractor of the Year team can do for you during the Parade of Home’s Fall Remodelers Showcase tour this weekend.
The Showcase features a project Knight completed at 4779 Highcroft Court, Eagan. The extensive renovation of this 90's two-story home fulfilled the family's desire for functionality and design.
On the main level, we reconfigured the kitchen and dining room to accommodate a large peninsula and walk-in pantry. We also converted the old laundry into a proper mudroom with custom storage and a tile floor.
The home now features a more convenient upstairs laundry. We also updated the master suite with a spa tub and large walk-in shower. The upper landing and staircase feature hardwood flooring and a new custom railing.
The Knight Construction Design project is one of 63 remodeled homes on the Remodelers Showcase tour this weekend. Homes can be seen from noon to 6 PM today and tomorrow (Oct 3-4).
To reach the Knight showcase home, take Highway 77 to Cliff Road, west on Cliff Road, south on Slater Road, east on Warrick Court, and south on Highcroft Court. Watch for the R-24 sign on the right.Read More
The old kitchen was dark, inefficient and outdated. A mechanicals chase for the furnace and water heater flue had divided the room and led to awkward appliance placement. Short, dark cabinets wasted space and vinyl flooring clashed with surrounding carpeting.
Gary Knight and Peck worked together to overcome every obstacle to produce a space that works every bit as well as it looks. The new kitchen features:
• New, white ceiling-height cabinets are enameled to match existing main level trim.
• New dark oak floor throughout the main level integrates the kitchen, dining room, living room and entry hall and anchors Dorian Gray and Tony Taupe painted walls.
• A new high efficiency direct-vent furnace and water heater in the lower level eliminates the obtrusive chase to make way for Bosch double ovens and a French-door fridge.
• An enlarged Marvin window, LED undercabinet lights and multiple recessed ceiling lights await installation of peninsula pendant lights for a bright, safe and pleasant cooking environment.
• Wall cabinets at the peninsula were adapted to conceal rerouted mechanicals.
• Touch-free high-rise faucet, deep drawers and multiple organization features enhance accessibility.
• Counter-depth, stainless steel Bosch refrigerator, dishwasher, gas cooktop and stacked microwave/convection and conventional wall ovens create a functional workspace.
• An efficient, VentAHood range hood replaces the noisy old space saver microwave.
• A reduced coat closet gave way to a more inviting entry.
• Granite countertops and a darker under-mount Blanco sink replace the laminate counter over-mount sink.
The project demonstrated that even a small kitchen remodeling can make a big impact with clever design details and superior craftsmanship. To learn more about the project and discuss your own remodeling needs, contact Gary or Kristen at Knight Construction Design. Read More