- - Rustic-stained custom cabinets and matching millwork
- - Drink station with glass cabinet doors and interior lighting
- - Undercabinet lighting
- - Durable countertops that add visual interest to the space
- - A spacious kitchen island that doubles as a food prep area and seating for guests
- - Stainless steel appliances
- - Built-in mudroom bench
- - Chalkboard wall for meal planning, schedule reminders, and more
- - Ample counter space and storage in the laundry room
- - Two-tone kitchen cabinetry
- - An oversized kitchen island that doubles for food prep and hosting guests
- - An eye-catching black brick fireplace flanked by custom built-ins
- - Expansive windows that allow for an abundance of natural light
- - Incredible millwork craftsmanship throughout
- - A spacious primary bathroom with a walk-in tile shower and soaking tub
- - Patterned tile floors in the guest bathroom and laundry room
- - His and hers home offices
Make It FunctionalThe kitchen is easily one of the hardest working rooms in your home, so it's essential that it's as functional as possible — and it all starts with the layout. When designing your kitchen, consider the kitchen triangle, which consists of the oven, fridge, and sink. These elements create the anchor from which the rest of your kitchen flows and help you establish a successful workflow that stands the test of time.
Trade Short-Lived Trends for LongevityIt's easy to get caught up in all the new and exciting kitchen design trends. However, designing a timeless kitchen means making smart design choices. But, that doesn't mean you can't have fun with it! You can easily add a new twist to timeless design elements, like installing a classic white subway tile in a herringbone pattern.
Choose High-Quality MaterialsWhen selecting cabinetry, countertops, and the like, it's important to invest in products that last. For example, custom cabinets are typically constructed with higher-quality materials and better craftsmanship than prefabricated options. On that same note, quartz is an excellent choice for countertops because it looks good and can withstand daily abuse from spills, food prep, hot pots and pans, and more. Investing in high-quality materials sometimes comes with a higher cost upfront but will save you from having to replace items just a few years down the road.
Give it CharacterCreating a timeless kitchen design doesn't have to be boring. There are many ways to infuse personality and character into your kitchen design, including your hardware and finishes. This part of kitchen design often gets overlooked, but the hardware and finishes you select play a significant role in tying everything together. Antique brass hardware and finishes add visual interest and warmth to dark cabinetry, while matte black finishes lend a modern touch to lighter-hued kitchens.
Build a Solid FoundationWith the correct foundational elements in place, keeping your kitchen up-to-date requires making style adjustments versus a full-scale renovation. Giving a timeless kitchen design a facelift is as simple as swapping out artwork, accessories, textiles, and other decorative pieces. If you want to upgrade your home with a timeless kitchen design, we'd love to help. Get in touch with our award-winning team anytime to get started! Read More
The holidays are around the corner and with them, a brand-new year. As we enter this season of giving and gratitude, we've begun reflecting on our favorite moments from 2019.
There are so many unique things that made it a fantastic year, and we'd like to say thank you to our dedicated team, trade partners, and wonderful clients. We are truly grateful for your support and look forward to all the great memories to come in 2020.
Until then, we hope you enjoy a peek at the moments we've highlighted below!
1. Heart of the Home: Kitchens
We've said it before, and we'll say it again; the kitchen is the heart of the home. So, it's no surprise some of our favorite projects from 2019 revolved around the kitchen. We loved helping our clients design spaces that are as functional as they are beautiful!
2. Best of Houzz and NARI Regional CotY Winner
We couldn't be more thrilled to celebrate some big wins in 2019! Knight Construction Design Inc was selected from among more than 2.1 million active home building, remodeling, and design industry professionals to be awarded "Best of Design" by Houzz. In addition, we won 2 CotY awards in 2019: CotY Regional Winner for Region 3 North Central for Residential Interior $75,000 to $150,000 and Residential Kitchen $60,001 to $100,000.
3. Designer Highlight by Dura Supreme Cabinetry
Our talented designer, Kristen Peck, was featured by Dura Supreme Cabinetry in their Designer Highlight series on Facebook. Our team had a blast bringing this client's stunning two-tone kitchen design to life!
4. Fall Parade of Homes Remodelers Showcase
Our team participated in the 2019 Fall Remodelers Showcase with this gorgeous home remodel. We took a dark, inefficient kitchen and made it brighter and more functional for a busy family of five. Some of our favorite features are the white custom cabinetry, Ceaserstone countertops, and brand-new hardwood floors.
5. Project Photos and Cute Puppy Visit
We loved how this warm Afton home remodel turned out, so we were more than happy to visit and snap some project photos. The only thing that made it better was the chance to see the homeowner's pup, Howard, again!
6. 2019 CotY Gold Award WinnerThe year is coming to a memorable end with a 2019 NARI CotY Gold Award win for a residential interior from #250,000-$500,000! Thank you to NARI MN for the recognition, and congratulations to our incredible team on their hard work being celebrated! Read More
2019 Fall Parade of Homes Remodelers Showcase Entry #22 2398 Cherrywood Road, Hopkins, MN 55305 September 27-29, 2019 from 12:00 to 6:00 PMThis remodeling project started with a dark, inefficient kitchen. The homeowners wanted to breathe new life into their space with a timeless and classic design. To make the kitchen brighter and more functional for this busy family of five, we add brand-new white custom cabinetry topped with Ceaserstone countertops, as well as paneled appliances and a 48" BlueStar range. We also removed the soffits and extended the cabinets to the ceiling. In addition to creating more storage space, this also draws the eye upward while making the kitchen appear larger. New hardwood floors were installed throughout the main level of the home. Topping it all off is a newly remodeled three-season porch featuring new tile floors and in-floor heat perfect for Minnesota winters. The Fall Parade of Homes Remodelers Showcase only last three days, so don't miss your chance to see this beautiful kitchen transformation in person. The Knight Construction team will be on-site to answer questions about the home or chat about ant upcoming projects you may have. See you there!
- Making your home more comfortable to live in
- Redesigning your space to be more functional
- Increasing the value of your home
- Potentially making it easier to sell down the road
- Creating more living space or storage as needed
- Saving money by improving your home's energy efficiency
- Improving your home's curb appeal with a few exterior updates