Are you an interior designer looking for a position with an award-winning custom home builder and remodeler? We’ve got news for you! Knight Construction Design Inc is looking for a Design Assistant to join our design team. This is a full-time position located at our office in Chanhassen, Minnesota.
The Design Assistant will support our Lead Designer in all aspects of the design and construction process, from conception through construction. To ensure our clients are receiving the best possible service, the Design Assistant must have a high level of qualified design skills as well as general construction knowledge. Our ideal candidate is humble, able to maintain a positive attitude, and will fit in well with our fun loving and hard working team.
Aside from assisting the Lead Designer, the Design Assistant will be responsible for a variety of other tasks. These tasks may vary from day to day. Priority duties include tasks ranging from scheduling and preparing for client meetings and presentations to typing contract documents and specification sheets.
Other job responsibilities include:
- Hand drafting/sketching
- Drawing in 2020 Design
- Assist in office work and social media
- Assist in managing the showroom and samples
- Specifying and ordering Dura Supreme Cabinetry
- Coordinating selections
Qualified candidates must possess the following attributes:
- Have an Associate or Bachelor degree in Interior Design
- 2-5 years working in the Interior Design and/or related field
- Proficient in 2020 Design, Microsoft Excel, and Sketchup
- Have Product knowledge of Dura Supreme Cabinetry
- Show attention to detail and ability to stay organized
- Able to quickly solve problems that arise unexpectedly
Does this sound like the perfect job for you or someone you know? Please apply using the job posting on Indeed or send your resume to our team using this contact form. To learn more about this position, please give us a call at (952) 361-4949.